Provision of School-based Support in the Learning of Chinese Language for Non-Chinese Speaking Students – School-based Curriculum
- To facilitate non-Chinese speaking students’ adaptation to the local Chinese language Curriculum and articulation to mainstream course.
- To provide additional Chinese courses for students.
- To increase the repertoire of vocabulary of students and improve their reading and writing skills.
- Non-Chinese speaking students will have lessons with local students who have similar Chinese language ability.
- Arrange Chinese classes for non-Chinese speaking students on Saturdays.
- Provide after-school tutorial classes for the non-Chinese speaking students.
- Appoint a teaching assistant to assist non-Chinese speaking students in class.
Education Support for Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) Students
Our school provides additional support for NCS students to facilitate their learning of Chinese:
providing after-school support programmes in learning Chinese
appointing teaching assistant to support NCS students’ learning of Chinese
arranging intensive Chinese learning and teaching mode(s), e.g. pull-out learning if necessary, split-class/group learning, etc
organising cultural integration activities